Happy Geek Pride Day!
Just because you read about technology doesn’t mean you’re a geek, but it does definitely increase the odds. If you are a geek, you shouldn’t be ashamed, especially today. Today is Geek Pride Day (which falls on the anniversary of the release of Star Wars, naturally), and as such you should be proud of your geeky nature. So do something geeky today, and remember to check out the Geek Manifesto:
- The right to be even geekier.
- The right to not leave your house.
- The right to not like football or any other sport.
- The right to associate with other nerds.
- The right to have few friends (or none at all).
- The right to have as many geeky friends as you want.
- The right to be out of style.
- The right to be overweight and short-sighted.
- The right to show off your geekiness.
- The right to take over the world.
- Be a geek, no matter what.
- Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
- If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
- To save and protect all geeky material.
- Do everything you can to show off geeky stuff as a “museum of geekiness.”
- Don’t be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
- Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
- Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.
- Never throw away anything related to geekdom.
- Try to take over the world!