How To Remove W32.USB Worm
W32.USB Worm is a small virus that infiltrates and infects Windows computers. The W32.USB Worm is a virus, but it isn’t a bad virus, as it only spreads through your system without damaging it. Instead, it will hack your web browsers and it will start displaying error messages and it doesn’t allow you to open various websites, such as YouTube. Basically it is a monitoring worm, which will display various (hilarious) messages when trying to open other web browsers than Internet Explorer, forcing you to use the IE.
The W32.USB Worm mostly spreads throughout the use of USB removable drives and it is also called ‘Heap41a’. If you wish to remove it completely from your system you need to follow the instructions below :
How to Find & Disable W32.USB Worm
- First you need to open the ‘Task Manager’ by right-click the taskbar and selecting it from the context menu or, you can press CTRL+ALT+delete.
- Now that the Task Manager windows is displayed you need to click on the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Locate the ‘svchost.exe’ process. Please note that there should be more than one svchost process listed there, which means that some of them are false. Try and find the Worm’s processes only, these might use your username and not the System or Network Service title.
- Now that you found the w32.usb worm processes, you have to highlight them and after that hit the ‘End Process’ button.
- After you’ve terminated all the W32.USB Worm processes you can close the Task Manager.
Now that you’ve stopped the W32.USB Worm from running you need to completely uninstall it from your computer.
How To Uninstall / Remove The W32.USB Worm From Your Computer For Ever
- You need to press the ‘Start’ key on your keyboard for the Start menu to be displayed. or you can simply click the Start button in Windows.
- Click Run to open the Run dialog or, you can type in the search box ‘regedit’, which will open the Registry Editor.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button and select Find form the dropdown menu.
- Look for the ‘heap41a’.
- Now that you found ‘heap41a’ you have to delete all its registry string. When you’re asked if you’re sure that you want to remove it, press Yes for all of them.
- Now you can close the Registry Editor as the w32.USB Worm was removed.
This is all that you need to know in order to successfully remove the w32.USB worm from your system